Wednesday, April 29, 2009

#21 Pods

I'm old friends with iTunes & listening to podcasts on my computer and iPod, so this was an easy one.

HOWEVER, I've actually had some recent issues with iTunes just this week. Our PC at home was victim to a really nasty trojan horse virus -- despite the fact that we had anti-virus software and had just downloaded the latest updates -- and died a sad, sad death. We bought a Mac, which should make things easier, right? Nope. It appears that my iTunes account, which has ALL of my music and stuff, is only authorized for our old PC and won't function on the new Mac until I authorize it. Blah blah blah. Of course it's not as easy as that -- I messed up my account in various boring ways (changing the username and password but then somehow also keeping the old username...don't ask), so I'm looking forward to (NOT) several hours with Tech Support to get it straightened out.

At any rate, despite this major pain in the arse, I think podcasts are cool, and I'd love to see librarians at TCCL do regular ones about books, technology issues, ideas... Perhaps a podcast to go along with our "Reading Addict" blog series? It seems to me that the big issue will be getting listeners, but there are ways to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment